Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Thursday, January 03, 2008

The Feast of the Holy Name of Jesus


Glorious name, gracious name, name of love and of power! Through you sins are forgiven, through you enemies are vanquished, through you the sick are freed from their illness, through you those suffering in trials are made strong and cheerful. You bring honor to those who believe, you teach those who preach, you give strength to the toiler, you sustain the weary” (St. Bernardine of Siena).


1 Comments:

Blogger Joyful Catholic said...

Jesus Jesus Jesus there's just something about that name
Master Savior Jesus like the fragrance after the rain
Jesus Jesus Jesus let all heaven and earth proclaim
Kings and Kingdoms will all pass away but there's something
about that Name.

An old fav. of mine from my early 20's in the Pentecostal fellowship I was involved in in San Anselmo CA. Agape Christian Center. What days those were! Jesus Movement if full force, playing guitars and witnessing at the mall...

January 04, 2008 6:06 AM  

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis