Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Feast Of Saint Luke

Today the Church celebrates the Feast Of Saint Luke. St. Luke was the beloved Greek physician and traveling companion of St. Paul who wrote the Gospel of Luke and the book of Acts- almost a third of the New Testament! He was also a painter and sculpture and was known for the way he "painted" with his words in his inspired writings. As a physician with a keen eye for detail and accuracy his gospel contains 6 miracles of Jesus that the other gospels don't contain.
Today the local chapter of the Catholic Medical Association had a Mass at our parish in honor of St Luke which was followed by a brief reception to discuss our plans for next year.

Dear St Luke: we ask your intercession for all physicians who desire to practice medicine with Christian medical- ethics guided by the Holy Spirit. Amen!

2 Comments:

Blogger Joyful Catholic said...

I should pray to him to help me draw. How nice that you have a special Saint and gospel writer to pray to as your "colleague" as a physician, TJ. Another reason I just love Jesus and His Church! ALL THE FAMILY here and in heaven and in purgatory. Prayers ascending for us to keep us on the path and to help us persevere.

October 19, 2008 10:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have loved St. Luke since I was a child, and after 30 plus years, I am finally reading "Dear and Glorious Physician" by Taylor Caldwell. Although it is a novel, is well researched and helps the reader experience history in an authentic way. I hope others who love "Lucanus," as Caldwell calls him, will treat themselves to this old but wonderful book.

February 02, 2009 11:34 AM  

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis