Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

St. Teresa of Avila


St. Teresa of Avila is celebrated today by the Catholic Church. She was a reformer of the Carmelites, a mystic, and later recognized as a Doctor of the Church. Very much like us, she struggled with sin and yet never gave up her pursuit of holiness.
Her writings in "The Interior Castle" were a favorite among some of the charismatic protestants I had known and a former pastor had spoken of her from time to time. I am not quite sure how her acceptance of illness and suffering would have jived with modern-day charismatic healing theology, but obviously something in her writings rang true for some of us.


"Oh, my Lord! How true it is that whoever works for you is paid in troubles! And what a precious price to those who love you if we understand its value."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis