Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Saturday, April 04, 2009

Holy God We Praise Thy Name

This is going to be the last song on the new album( that I've been working on for over one year now.) I asked Rich Mullins to intercede for me as I was recording the hammer dulcimer parts. I think God heard his prayers. Let me know what you think. (Click on song 2 below)
I hope and pray your observance of Lent is bringing you all closer to Jesus.

8 Comments:

Blogger owenswain said...

Beautiful.

April 05, 2009 12:24 PM  
Anonymous Nancy said...

It's lovely, TJ. Looking forward to the album.

Hope you're having a fruitful Lent as well.

April 05, 2009 3:34 PM  
Blogger George Weis said...

Russ! You Rock... in a not so "rock" sort of way in this song. You want to know what is weird? I just downloaded a Choral version of this song today off of itunes.. what beautiful words and man, you have captured the beauty of those words in pure melody, harmony and rhythm.

I missed your posting over Lent. I am looking forward to your come back :) Don't forget that owen and I want to spice up your albums visual life. I am certain that we along with you will make something masterful to match the music :)

Brown nosing session has ended :) I am sincere my friend!

In Christ,
-g-

April 06, 2009 10:12 PM  
Blogger George Weis said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

April 06, 2009 10:13 PM  
Blogger Whatseduptonow said...

I love the song Jewel of the Caribbean. It so reminds me of my missions to Haiti

April 12, 2009 12:21 PM  
Anonymous B. said...

Your music is beautiful! When will it be available for purchase? Do you have other recording I could purchase?

April 15, 2009 9:45 AM  
Blogger Russ Rentler, M.D. said...

Thanks so much B!
I am planning on releasing this CD late spring early summer and I will announce it on my blog and the CD will be available on CD baby.com or as digital downloads on I tunes.
My other CD's can be found on
CDbaby.com - just search
"russ rentler".
thanks so much.

April 15, 2009 5:10 PM  
Blogger Joyful Catholic said...

Rich M. and you are w/out a doubt linked musically and spiritually as brothers, and will be one "dynamic duo" in heaven! :)

April 18, 2009 12:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis