Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Thursday, May 18, 2006

What makes the Bible different from the Koran?


Why do we revere, respect and study Scripture? What makes our Scripture more authoritative than the writings of Joseph Smith, The Koran etc? Where in the Bible does it actually say that it should be our only rule of faith? Can a written document self-authenticate? Clearly the answer is no. Is there anywhere in our Bible that says that it is the only authority and source of truth? Some folks say 2 Tim 3:16 proves this. But when I read it it tells me that Paul was saying all scripture is profitable for training, teaching, correction and reproof so that the man of God would be equipped for every good work . (Paul said we should use the Scripture to train us to be equipped to do good works?) Hmmm...
Well anyway, Paul was talking about the Old Testament since the New Testament had not been put together and recognized as Scripture yet. So clearly this verse can't be the verse that tells us that our Bible (both New and Old Testaments ) is the sole rule of our faith. I'll keep looking for a verse that proves the that Bible is the sole rule of faith but I don't think I'll find it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis