Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Sunday, December 10, 2006

Prepare Ye The Way of The Lord



















Today's Gospel Reading in Mass Luke 3:1-6

In the fifteenth year of the reign of Tiberius Caesar,
when Pontius Pilate was governor of Judea,
and Herod was tetrarch of Galilee,
and his brother Philip tetrarch of the region
of Ituraea and Trachonitis,
and Lysanias was tetrarch of Abilene,
during the high priesthood of Annas and Caiaphas,
the word of God came to John the son of Zechariah in the desert.
John went throughout the whole region of the Jordan,
proclaiming a baptism of repentance for the forgiveness of sins,
as it is written in the book of the words of the prophet Isaiah:

A voice of one crying out in the desert:
“Prepare the way of the Lord,
make straight his paths.
Every valley shall be filled
and every mountain and hill shall be made low.
The winding roads shall be made straight,
and the rough ways made smooth,
and all flesh shall see the salvation of God.”

Lord Jesus, during this precious season of Advent,
I ask that you help me prepare the way for your coming.

Make my crooked ways straight, fill the empty areas of my soul with your goodness.

Make the mountains of my pride and arrogance low,

Make my winding and manipulative ways straight.

Take my exceedingly rough edges and make them smooth,
Let people see You in me so that I can help to show forth your salvation
by the life I live in you.

I give you all the glory and trust in your grace and mercy to answer my prayers
In your precious name, Jesus, I pray.
Amen

4 Comments:

Blogger Prodigal Daughter said...

You're not a bad person.

December 10, 2006 11:15 PM  
Blogger Russ Rentler, M.D. said...

Only by the grace of God Prod,
only by His grace.

December 10, 2006 11:26 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

in Sunday 's reading John the baptist a famous and fearless critic of herod' s tyranny, really make clear and known of the advent of the great and powerful God whom he himself is not worthy to untie his sandals. Keep up your good work.

December 11, 2006 6:01 AM  
Blogger Russ Rentler, M.D. said...

Dear Steven:
Thanks for visiting all the way from Nigeria. I read your posts about Christmas in Nigeria,
Whoa, we will pray for you guys.
Thanks for being faithful.

December 11, 2006 8:46 AM  

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis