Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Sunday, January 14, 2007

Bob Jones to Rome



"Our reception (into the Catholic Church) took place in a quiet service one February evening in the crypt of Quarr Abbey church. That night all was harvest. There as the monks sang and we were finally received into full communion, the simple faith of my Mennonite forebears, the Bible Christians' love of the Scriptures and the ancient beauties of Anglicanism were all gathered together and fulfilled in a new and dynamic way."

The full story of Dwight Longenecker's conversion from Independent Bible believer to Anglicanism and finally to Catholicism is here at Holy Spirit Interactive. Many of you have already heard his story in the "Suprised By Truth" series, but this is a nice summary.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My parents went to Bob Jones! Hehe

January 14, 2007 7:50 PM  
Blogger Dicens said...

http://quarr-abbey.blogspot.com/

July 10, 2007 6:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis