Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Sunday, January 07, 2007

Sages, Leave Your Contemplations


Today, the Church celebrates the last great feast of Christmas, Epiphany, the Feast of the Kings.
Each wise man brought a gift to the Christ Child. Gold representing his kingship, frankincense representing prayers of worship and finally myrrh, a bitter spice to pre-figure his death.
I use to envy the magi at the thought that they were able to physically see the Lord and be present for such a momentous time in salvation history. As the hymn we sang states:
"God with us is now residing; Yonder shines the infant light"
Today in Mass once again, the glorious moment occurred at the consecration of the Eucharist. I no longer had to envy the Magi who discovered the God of the Universe cloaked in flesh. For God with us continues to reside, now "cloaked" as it were, as the Eucharistic bread. The same faith that gives me eyes to see that God can come in flesh gives me the sight to see Him in the "breaking of the bread."

Sages, leave your contemplations,
Brighter visions beam afar;
Seek the great Desire of nations;
Ye have seen His natal star....

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to find your blog - your story of evangelicalism and back to RC is very interesting!

God bless
Maria in theUK
www.inhishands.co.uk

January 09, 2007 2:17 AM  
Blogger Russ Rentler, M.D. said...

thanks Maria!
God bless you too!

January 09, 2007 8:53 AM  

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis