Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

The New Evangelism via The Internet


Check out this article from Amy Wellborn's blog regarding the fruit that Catholic internet sites are starting to bare.

Nick Hardesty from Phat Catholic is collecting Solid Catholic U tube videos on his site as well.

The Rosary Army folks are now producing short, humorous apologetics videos.

The other benefit beyond evangelism is the virtual community of converts/revert that encourage one another to press on in the faith. Prodigal Daughter and I found the Coming Home Forum to be a great source of comfort, information and camaraderie in the journey and have allowed us to help others along too!

I can't imagine what it was like when Frank Sheed of the Catholic Evidence Guild was standing on a soap box every Sunday in Hyde Park, London expounding the faith to whoever would hear.
Still, the best witness is preached by the lives we live "off-line."

"Preach the Gospel, and if you must, use words ." St Francis of Assisi

3 Comments:

Blogger Joyful Catholic said...

AMEN!

I was at the funeral of a friend's mother last Fall, where the Methodist minister said that she had lived the quote you have by St Francis. Indeed, this wonderful Christian woman did live out the quote more than many I've ever known, the only thing was, this minister attributed the quote of St Francis to Albert Schwietzer! Rich and I both looked at each other quizzically and smiled. I wanted to comment to the minister that the quote goes back much further than A.S. I mean, it's not like A.S. was all that cozy with Christianity.

Yes, the on line community of us returnees, converts, and truly hungry honest seekers is burgeoning and I've found that the friendships we develop here are a great help and encouragement to my grotwth in the Faith and has made the large, global Church intimate in a way never before imagined. God bless this medium and may it do wondrous works in the hearts and souls of us all!

May 30, 2007 12:26 PM  
Blogger Amber said...

The internet was HIGHLY helpful during my conversion process... I'm sure it also serves to help thousands of other lurkers.

May 31, 2007 11:37 AM  
Blogger Russ Rentler, M.D. said...

It really was helpful to us as well.
The documents that can be accessed as
well as online catechism, saints, apologetics, devotions . Blogs etc.
God is using it for sure

May 31, 2007 11:49 AM  

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis