Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Sunday, June 17, 2007




My boys got me Papa Benedict's New Book for a Father's Day gift today. I was going to wait to get a used copy on Amazon but this is a great surprise. A gift to me from my sons written by the Holy Father!
Come to think of it, there's an awful lot of "Happy Father's Day" going around today, so I suspect it's not just Catholics who understand that Jesus' admonition to "call no man your father" didn't mean to never address anyone with the title "father." (Or rabbi, or teacher for that matter)

3 Comments:

Blogger WhiteStoneNameSeeker said...

LOL!
I'm reading this at the moment. It's a stunning book.
Enjoy.
And Happy Father's Day.
We had a good one here.

June 18, 2007 4:56 AM  
Blogger Russ Rentler, M.D. said...

Thanks so much. I'm looking forward to getting into it.
God bless you!

June 18, 2007 8:00 AM  
Blogger Cathy said...

Nor did He mean to never address a man as "teacher" or "rabbi", which was the very NEXT thing out of His holy mouth.
:)

June 18, 2007 9:39 AM  

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis