Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

The Church has been getting a lot of press lately in TIME magazine. Recently, it was the "expose" on the "Crisis of Mother Teresa's Faith" and now Pope Benedict's dealings with the Iranians.
Time Magazine Inc. and Chick Publications may seem like very disparate organizations but they do share one common goal. If the writers at TIME magazine ever lose their jobs, I know someone they can work for ;)

3 Comments:

Blogger Joyful Catholic said...

OH brother! How crazy can ol' Jack get? Never ceases to amaze!

BTW, I was blessed to be awarded the Emmanuel Award from Marie and Ginny, down under and suggest your fine blog receives it as well, TJ.

Pay it forward, bro.
: )

PAX,
susie

November 28, 2007 5:50 PM  
Blogger Russ Rentler, M.D. said...

Oh Susie! So sorry but you've been spoofed! That actually isn't a "real" chick tract but it is a "real headline" from the recent Time Magazine issue that an evangelical friend sent me. I put the title on a fake Chick tract to visually give my take on the true intent of such a headline.

It seems whenever there is something controversial or negative about Catholics, the pope etc, my friend shoots me an e mail "just to let me know." I still haven't figured out why going on three half yrs he still sends me these type of things. Can you? :)

November 28, 2007 6:19 PM  
Blogger Russ Rentler, M.D. said...

BTW, congrats on the award ! anf thanks for the encouraging word

November 28, 2007 6:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis