Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Why Do Catholics Have A Pope?

There is an interesting story on Crosswalk, a non-denominational Protestant website that does a fair job in explaining what the papacy is all about. The fact that this article was written to non-Catholics by a non-Catholic in the setting of the papal visit is part of the fruit that was born by Pope Benedict's visit. Check out the whole article here.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

I know this is an older post, but just wanted to set the record straight: While Crosswalk.com is an evangelical Protestant website, the author of the article is a practicing Catholic. (I would know because I'm the author. :)). See the verification on Ignatius Insight here:

http://insightscoop.typepad.com/2004/2008/05/a-protestant-ex.html

Thank you! Sarah

October 22, 2008 12:52 PM  
Blogger Russ Rentler, M.D. said...

oh, now that makes sense!
God bless you.
I thought it was way too fair of an explanation by a non-Catholic :)

October 22, 2008 4:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis