Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Friday, June 13, 2008

Obama: The Abortion President

If elected president, Obama has promised to bring an end to the divisiveness that the abortion debate brings to America. How is he going to do that? By making abortion a right that cannot be restricted by individual states, even if their legislature votes against it. See this article.

"I have worked on these issues for decades now. I put Roe at the center of my lesson plan on reproductive freedom when I taught Constitutional Law. Not simply as a case about privacy but as part of the broader struggle for women’s equality. Steve and Pam will tell you that we fought together in the Illinois State Senate against restrictive choice legislation—laws just like the federal abortion laws, the federal abortion bans that are cropping up. I’ve stood up for the freedom of choice in the United States Senate and I stand by my votes against the confirmation of Judge Roberts and Samuel Alito "

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Jeffrey Pinyan said...

Si-double-igh.

June 13, 2008 9:10 AM  
Blogger Jacob said...

Obama made it clear, in his own words, that a child is not a gift from God, rather, a child is a form of punishment. We should never forget his 31 March 2008 town hall meeting in Johnstown, PA...

…”Look, I got two daughters — 9 years old and 6 years old,” he said. “I am going to teach them first about values and morals, but if they make a mistake, I don’t want them punished with a baby."

So now we have another glimpse into the mind of the left's new messiah.

June 13, 2008 1:34 PM  
Blogger Pilgrimsarbour said...

I can't say enough about the tragedy that I think is about to befall our nation. If the guy is President, well, then he will be my President. But I also think that we are facing a real crisis moment in our history, and we're looking over the precipice into the vast, dark deep. Who can say whether God wants to pull us back from the edge? Take a good look at what's happening in Canada with their so-called Human Rights Commission. The attack on free speech there is only beginning. I have little hope that we'll be able to survive the coming onslaught, especially if it is God's judgement on our nation.

June 14, 2008 4:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis