Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Saturday, May 24, 2008

And only where God is seen does life truly begin. Only when we meet the living God in Christ do we know what life is. We are not some casual and meaningless product of evolution.
Each of us is the result of a thought of God.
Each of us is willed,
each of us is loved,
each of us is necessary.
There is nothing more beautiful than to be surprised by the Gospel, by the encounter with Christ. There is nothing more beautiful than to know Him and to speak to others of our friendship with Him.
~Pope Benedict XVI, Homily April 24th, 2005

1 Comments:

Blogger Joyful Catholic said...

That is just beautiful. I love our Papa! Thanks for posting these words of comfort and encouragement.None of us have to be here, none of us need to exist, but a LOVING Father created us. How truly and wonderfully AWESOME! It boggles the mind, and moves the heart and soul to say THANK YOU, Father! Thank you for our Papa Benedict, a true "daddy" to us in this world, on this planet created to support not only fauna and flora but us, humans, created in the image of God. Able to love and be loved, the greatest gift of all. To receive Love Himself every day at Mass! I'd better stop. It's so easy to babble on and on, but I've been surprised by Truth and surprised by Joy like never before in my life the past 3 years and today, the birds singing their praises out my window, with the morning breeze scented with Spring's aroma, it's very hard to be cynical, or negative about anything. The world would have me become that way, but standing firm, choosing JOY instead of negativity is the best thing we can do, no matter our circumstances, no matter our sorrows, or our pain. JOY can fill us and lift us toward Heaven while keeping our feet firmly on the ground to carry the Good News to all we meet. Thanks TJ. This post gave me pause to remember to be filled with gratitude, because it's hard to be depressed when you're grateful.

May 25, 2008 7:15 AM  

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis