Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Our Lady of Sorrows


Today the Church celebrates the Feast of Our Lady of Sorrows. This is yet another title for Mary derived from Simeon's prophecy in the temple at our Lord's dedication.
"A sword will pierce your soul..."
Here's a link to a great article on Our Lady of Sorrows.

Here's a tune from my new CD that honors(not worships) Mary and depicts her from the perspective of one who for most of his life did not honor her at all. The early Church fathers called Mary the Untier of Knots because Eve tied the knot of disobedience for all humanity in the garden. But Mary, the New Eve, by her yes to God untied the knot of disobedience by bringing forth the Savior of the world.

3 Comments:

Blogger kkollwitz said...

This is a terrific icon. I somtimes use Greek art in my 6th grade catechism class; I may wind up using this.

September 15, 2009 8:58 PM  
Blogger Russ Rentler, M.D. said...

I got it from a facebook friend who posted on the feast day today. i never saw it but it is amazing

September 15, 2009 10:23 PM  
Blogger ~Joseph the Worker said...

It is a beautiful icon.

September 16, 2009 12:02 AM  

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis