Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Feast of Sts. Cyril and Methodius!


These two Greek brothers traveled to the Slavic nations in the 9th century and created an alphabet (Cyrillic) so that the people could read Scripture and understand the liturgy in their own language. St Methodius translated the bible into the new cyrillic alphabet in less than one year!
These guys are also special to me as my son is working in Moldova in the Peace Corp and needed to learn Russian. I asked them to intercede for him knowing they would have a bit of a handle on the language they wrote! He actually has learned to speak it enough to get around and teach English to his students. God has answered the prayers of his saints. Thank you Lord, and St Cyril and Methodius too!

1 Comments:

Blogger kkollwitz said...

Russian is a wonderful language in itself, and is also a window onto German, French, and Greek through thousands of loanwords and cognates.

February 15, 2010 6:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis