Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Friday, September 09, 2011

Why We Need Real Worship

Check out this blog post regarding the nature of true worship. I  spent 31 years in charismatic-style worship where often,  but not always, the quality of worship was judged by how revved up the band made the congregants. I am not judging all the hearts of these folks but having been both a worship-band musician as well as a member of the audience, I can tell you this is true in all too many churches.


Even years before I was Catholic, I questioned whether this indeed even was worship. Just because we call it worship, and it resembles nothing similar to what the early Church did, is it still worship? I do believe there is a time and place for praise and worship and I have personally provided music for worship during exposition of the Eucharist, but I believe the Sabbath should be honored as it was by the early Christians- the celebration, worship and participation in the actual body and blood of the Lord, re- presented on all the altars across the world. This indeed is worship  done in Spirit and Truth as was done by the Church of the first apostles for almost 2000 years now. (Regardless of how it made you feel) I am sure the folks in the picture below didn't "feel" like worshiping in their Church blown up.

Interesting that this was from a Lutheran blog.

                                       A German Mass held in a nearly bombed out Church in Germany

H/t to George at Convert Journal

1 Comments:

Blogger kkollwitz said...

Thanks for this link.

September 09, 2011 2:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis