Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Sunday, May 06, 2012

Baptist Pastor Crosses the Tiber

I am a little late on this one, but here's the story of a Baptist Pastor, graduate of Wheaton Bible College, who  came into full Communion with the Catholic Church last Easter 2011. The usual suspects are to blame for his conversion: the issues of Unity, Authority, sacraments, especially the Eucharist and the negative repercussions of sola scriptura.

"I have embraced the sacraments because I have embraced what the Bible teaches about my humanity:  I am a unity of the physical and the spiritual.  Therefore, God wants to communicate himself to me through physical things.  The most important sacrament is the Eucharist.
It is not enough for God to strengthen me with “symbols” of his body and blood, because I am not a “symbol” of a man.  I am a real man.  That is, a real human being.  And that is why—among other reasons–Christians from the beginning of the Church have taught that in Communion, Jesus Christ so loves us that he gives us Himself:  his real body, blood, soul, and divinity.  There is only one Church that understands and teaches this:  the Roman Catholic Church."
Read the rest of Vaughn Kohler's story here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis