Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Saturday, October 27, 2012

3rd Largest Denomination in the US is Ex-Catholics

The 3rd largest denomination in the US is ex-Catholics, if they were considered a denomination. Sadly, many of them (like me) left never really understanding that Christ was truly in the Eucharist nor understood the grace available to them in the Sacraments. I have yet to find a Protestant (ex-Catholic) who believed in the real presence of Christ or understood their faith beyond a grade school catechetical level. As my friend Mike McCleary said recently: "Most ex-Catholics are kinda like someone who leaves the theater because they didn't like the font of the opening credits, and then tells everyone the movie was bad. For if they would have only stayed, they would never have left." During this Year of Faith, let us ask the intercession of Saint Francis DeSales to bring back those who have left the faith. Here is a link to a prayer card you can use to pray to Saint Francis DeSales.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis