Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Sunday, March 18, 2007

"Stained Glass Windows" FREE MP3


Here's the first song I wrote after returning to the Church in the Spring of 2004. I finally realized just how beautiful this Church was that I left before I ever understood it. It has literally been as if a veil has been lifted from the "eyes of my heart." I am ever grateful to God for continuing to pour out His grace on me and draw me closer to Him, in ways that I never would have suspected.

Please feel free to download, rip and burn it.

Here's the link; TiberJumper Musik

4 Comments:

Blogger Joyful Catholic said...

TJ, that is just beautiful. It almost brought me to tears. I, too, mocked the stained glass windows at one time, in my ignorance and arrogance of my 20's. I'm an art lover, and like to draw, too, but was thinking they were 'antiquated' and not 'necessary' for a church building. BOY what a full circle I have traveled! Thanks for this MP3 and all of your songs. You're a blessing to us! I also posted the link on our blog, so hopefully, a few might take a listen from there.

PAX,
susie

March 18, 2007 11:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice song!

March 18, 2007 11:05 PM  
Blogger Pilgrimsarbour said...

Hey TJ,

You know me...ya don't have to be Catholic to like stained glass windows in churches! Thanks for the song. I stuck it in with Acoustic Minstrel on my iTunes. I'm not with you theologically, but I think you expressed your thoughts clearly and well.

March 20, 2007 9:22 PM  
Blogger Russ Rentler, M.D. said...

Pilgrim:
I think you have had a much healthier approach to looking back at your roots than I. I unfortunately fell into a "bad" crowd that virtually threw out the baby with the bath water, meaning if it even smacks of liturgical (organ, stained glass, pews, incense etc) it must stink!
Yes, I don't want to imply that Catholics have the monopoly on stained glass :), just that What I used to disdain turns out to be most beautiful for me now. I heard that the story behind stained glass was that many folks were not literate so the church wanted to communicate the gospel stories to the parishioners.
So the stain glass tell the story of love, told by ancient poets, whispered from above."
I go to a modern church but the architect retained several panels from the original church windows so we sit opposite them so I can look at the sun through them during the Mass.
Also, the other thing that I so appreciate now is the holy water fonts in the entry. They speak of the bronze laver outside the tent of
sacrifice for the Jews, they remind us of our baptism and the sign of the cross reminds us who we belong to and what He did for us. Wow! so much to appreciate for me now.
Thanks for your kind posts

March 20, 2007 10:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis