Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

(Deer Isle, Maine)


“Take God for your spouse and friend and walk with him continually, and you will not sin and will learn to love, and the things you must do will work out prosperously for you.”

St. John of the Cross (1542-1591)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely--good post!

July 24, 2007 5:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back TJ!

July 24, 2007 5:08 PM  
Blogger Russ Rentler, M.D. said...

thanks folks!

July 24, 2007 6:38 PM  
Blogger Joyful Catholic said...

So glad you're back, Teej. What a photo! The stillness can be heard ...the crunch of soft needles underfoot...the whisper of the breath of God in the trees...the still small voice, louder than a sonic boom inside your soul. He has definitely been speaking to you, as I read the post above and comment about it here.

Women, too, need help with 'custody of the eyes.' Though not "wired the same" we're definitely not immune from that "silent sin" either.

Thanks for your brutal honesty. It's given me much to ponder today and to be thankful for the sting of cleansing salty tears that can fall at my Lord's feet. Although my hair isn't long enough to dry those blessed feet, as was Mary's, I find he bends to forgive and says "your faith has healed you, go in peace and sin no more."

Do I still sin? Yep! I sure do! But the thing is, the more I fall in love with Jesus, as did Mary, the more "He catches my eye"...my heart...my mind and one day, after a what will be no doubt a long purgatorial pause, I pray to be made so pure of heart as to gaze in the eyes of him who made us all and love and be loved by my Lord...after rising from those blessed feet...and who knows, maybe even with long, blond hair once again, dampened by tears of joy?

PAX,
susie

July 25, 2007 6:41 AM  

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis