Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Saturday, December 01, 2007

Eric Clapton Joins "That Generation"

Here Eric Clapton joins the generation Mary spoke about in her magnificat when she says that "all generations will call me blessed."

6 Comments:

Blogger Jeff Miller said...

Here is a version of the song with Clapton and Pavorotti.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmfIDQGVqQc

December 01, 2007 1:32 PM  
Blogger Russ Rentler, M.D. said...

That was very cool jeff.
Two of the world's masters sing of Mary. Thanks for the link.

December 01, 2007 1:48 PM  
Blogger Joyful Catholic said...

THANK YOU! WOW! What a beautiful song...I've always been a Clapton fan, and how much more, just to hear this. He's one gifted soul! Thanks TJ! and Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen. ~ PAX

December 01, 2007 4:00 PM  
Blogger Joyful Catholics said...

I sent this to Mike Aquilina, and he wrote back this:

I've always liked that song. He wrote it for Richard Manuel of The Band, after Manuel's suicide. Very sad. May he rest in peace. Interesting that when Pavarotti sang "Holy Mother," he changed the lyric. The Eyetalian's version is the orthodox one.
-Mike

Good ol' Mike - he knows about most everything under the sun! I'm always so glad to hear from him! He's incredible!

PAX,
susie

December 01, 2007 6:25 PM  
Blogger Cow Bike Rider said...

Cool

December 01, 2007 9:54 PM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

Actually, Susie, he DEDICATED it to Richard Manuel of The Band on his album, August, but he wrote it for himself. At a moment in his life when he had hit rock bottom...after doing a concert in Toronto and drinking heavily.

December 19, 2007 7:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis