Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Sunday, December 02, 2007

St Eleanor's Family of God


Prodigal Daughter and I had the opportunity and privilege of sharing our conversion story with the adult fellowship group called Family of God at St. Eleanor's Church in Collegeville, PA. What an on-fire group of Catholic families! There were converts, reverts and many cradle-Catholics who meet regularly to grow in grace. We were scheduled to talk for about 45 minutes, but ended up finishing about an hour and a half later with some great discussion and questions from the good folks there. I started our talk with a rendition of Nicean Blues (which was only the second time I performed it live) and ended the talk with Stained Glass Windows.

We were so moved by the devotion and faith we found in these folks and know they will be spreading the Good News as part of our late Holy Father's New Evangelization. They sent us out with much prayer and love and we hope to work with them again. Thanks again Family of God for the encouragement and prayers!we

"We must re-kindle in ourselves the impetus of the beginnings and allow ourselves to be filled with the ardour of the apostolic preaching which followed Pentecost. We must revive in ourselves the burning conviction of Paul, who cried out: "Woe to me if I do not preach the Gospel" (1 Cor 9:16). JP2

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds wonderful...

December 03, 2007 3:28 AM  

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis