Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

BLOGGING FROM HAITI

Today we saw about 90 patients in our makeshift clinic. It is a challenge to get through the language barrier and yet another to then attempt to diagnose and treat what they have.
We are flying by the seat of our pants and I pray and hope we can offer some solace and comfort.
I did see a young girl with severe tonsillitis and thank God had the appropriate antibiotic. Another young boy had typhoid fever and malaria and intetinal parasites.
As they left the clinic with a bagful of meds the mom said praise the Lord with a big smile. Such joy and gratefulness despite severe physical deprivation. May some of their spirit rub off on me.
Blessed Mother Teresa who loves the poor, intercede for these souls and ask Jesus to protect and sustain them.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Tom B. said...

Way to be a good steward of the talents (your mind and medical training) you have been given! Be strong, and may it please God to will to bless your missional work!

Peace in Christ,
Thos.

March 06, 2008 1:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis