Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Sunday, March 02, 2008

wi fi in Haiti

I found that despite the grinding poverty a hotel near us has wi fi and my palm pilot has wi fi capability.
We got in to port au prince and customs confiscated a third of our medications for the clinic.
after much prayer,and negotition, a fee of about 180$ had to be paid and we got the meds back,praise GOD.
It did delay the clinic for a day but we did get up and running and saw about 70 patients on our first day.
We are hosted by Shiloh Baptist church and we attended their service this am. They have much joy despite being the poorest of the poor.
Prodigal Daughter and I thank you for your continued prayers.
When we get back we are hoping to become involved in Catholic twinning program with a parish in Haiti.
There is great privilege in being able to minister to Jesus in the least of these. Though we can't have Him in the Eucharist this week, we are meeting Him face to face in the poorest of the poor.
God be praised

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Pilgrimsarbour said...

Hey Guys,

I praise God for your continued safety as you carry on this important work. May Christ be exalted!

Still praying,

Tim

March 02, 2008 6:55 PM  
Blogger Whatseduptonow said...

I am a pharmacist with The Friends Of The Children Of Haiti (www.fotcoh.org) and I understand your problems with Haitian customs and meds. You can contact me direct at edmonroe316@msn.com and I'll be happy to share more information with you. I will be returning to Haiti for my second medical mission in 2008 on March 24. God bless you for your work!

March 02, 2008 9:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

St. Timothy's in Walkersville, MD (near Frederick) has a sister parish. They do ALOT for their sister parish. I'm sure they would love to work with a doctor.

March 07, 2008 1:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis