Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Trail of Blood to Card-Carrying Catholic

I received this comment regarding my encounter with the "trail of blood" baptist brother I met outside Yankee Stadium before the Papal Mass. Sometimes, I get discouraged and think "how can this person ever see the fullness of faith in the Catholic Church?" This comment by Truthfinder encourages us to press on in prayer and faithful witness to the Truth. Once again the reality of the Eucharist is the draw to the Church. Thanks TF.


truthfinder said...

Don't give up praying for him, please. As a teenager, I was quoting from that same "Trail of Blood" pamphlet. Now, some forty- plus-years later, I am a rosary-praying, card-carrying Catholic. It was the Eucharist that drew me in, along with the loving example of a Little Sister of the Poor, Sister Immanuel, at Archbishop Leibold Home in Cincinnati, Ohio. I'm positive she asked the Blessed Mother to pray for me.

April 28, 2008 10:45 PM

4 Comments:

Blogger Kapten Clark said...

How can I put the cool Universalis link on my blog?

May 02, 2008 12:12 AM  
Blogger Russ Rentler, M.D. said...

Go to this linkand follow their instructions. Hope all is well with you and yours in Estonia!

May 02, 2008 6:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Kapten Clark! I remember you. I also hope all is well with you. This was a great post by the way, tiber jumper. Julie

May 02, 2008 9:06 AM  
Blogger Kapten Clark said...

Thanks! That was easy as pie!

I just got home from Mass (Vigil is in English on Sat. at 6) with my husband and two youngest kids (12 and 4). This is the first time we've taken them to Mass with us here (went in Finland last week on vacation).

As always, prayers would be appreciated!

May 03, 2008 12:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis