Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Monday, May 05, 2008

Augustine's Blues

Keith Moore, Catholic convert, songwriter, musician and producer just did a concert with his good friend, Phil Keaggy at Mundelein College. Here is some tasty licks from the Master Musician himself during their pre-concert warm-up.
"St. Augustine's Blues" - pre-show warmup 4/20/08

4 Comments:

Blogger Pilgrimsarbour said...

Man, that's great! Thanks for posting that, and I hope you get more opportunities to post such things. Also, if you can get some concert footage of your own performances, I would really like to see those. The stuff from your webcam at home is cool, but it would be nice to hear a little audience ambiance while you're playing. If you'd like, I'll volunteer to come out and raise a ruckus during your performance, just for effect.

I saw Phil tuning, I think it was the E string, while he was playing. It reminds me of John Gorka's tuning between songs at the college coffeehouses, and how long it seemed to take. Could he tune on the fly like that now? (LOL)

May 06, 2008 2:03 PM  
Blogger Russ Rentler, M.D. said...

I have some video from a couple gigs but i need to get editing software to make it u tube friendly. If you have a video camera you can film the gig! :)
I did a nice set on WVIA Scranton live radio which was later re-broadcast on their cable TV as a video. I will try to get that on the blog sometime. There was a nice studio audience.
Yeah, John Gorka sure tuned a lot. Looks like it payed off! He now has a nice electronic tuner on the headstock of his guitar but doesn't tune as much as he used to during a gig. But remember in college, he was playing banjo a lot more which is near impossible to keep in tune due to the physics of high tension long strings length and light gauge strings and a flexible soundboard(skin or mylar drum head)

May 06, 2008 10:22 PM  
Blogger Joyful Catholic said...

Thanks TJ! That is some sweet soul sound! There's a seminary there. Hmm, any word on Phil coming back Home to the CC?? Good stuff.

May 11, 2008 2:06 PM  
Blogger Russ Rentler, M.D. said...

I haven't heard anything but I think it is interesting that the guy he is playing with and produced one of his albums is a Catholic convert! Keep him in your prayers, his Mom and Dad were devout Catholics.

May 11, 2008 8:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis