Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Catholic Church is Anti-Abortion. Always Was. Always Will Be

Recent headlines tell us folks like Biden and Pelosi claim the Church has never really settled the question of when life begins and that the morality of abortion has never been definitively decided. Is it possible to be a Catholic and not know what the Church teaches about the issues of life? I guess so, sad to say.
At our Respect Life meeting last night, we discussed how some in the Catholic Church are misconstruing bishops' statements to justify voting for a pro-abortion candidate. A non-Catholic who has been coming to our group said that she also hears many evangelicals who also don't seem to "get it" about the evil of abortion and voting with formed conscience. As Father Corapi has just said on a recent 11th Hour video alert, "this is not rocket science."

The history of the Church's position on abortion is stated nicely in this article by Fr. Saunders. He points out the respect for life as sacred is rooted in the Jewish people from the beginning and he shows how this theme reverberates throughout scripture and the Church. The Catholic view of the sacredness of life is something that has to give even the most ardent anti-Catholic pause. I asked an evangelical friend a few years ago why it was usually the Catholics praying outside the abortuaries as we passed by a clinic. There were several people quietly praying the rosary and holding up signs. He said "Well, they got one thing right." Well, yes at least one very important thing: the sanctity of life.

If you get the time, check out Father Corapi's new videos here.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The only way not to know what the the Catholic church teaches, is close your eyes and ears to truth! Corapi is correct when he says it's not rocket science. Biden and Pelosi have made up their own Catholic church--if they are in doubt all they have to do is pick up the Catechism--but they don't want to know--they want the truth to bend to their way of thinking.

October 29, 2008 6:12 PM  
Blogger Russ Rentler, M.D. said...

yes they belong to an invisible 'catlik church' that allows the members to "follow their own conscience"= Don't tell me how to live!

October 29, 2008 8:48 PM  
Blogger Joyful Catholic said...

I'm personally against the assassination of anyone, but who am I to force my morality down someone else's throat? I'm personally against drowning puppies in a sack, but who am I to tell somebody they can't do that? I'm personally against clubbing baby seals, but I can't tell others how to live. I'm personally against stealing cars, but hey, it's what some want to do. I'm personally against slavery, but I can't tell anyone else what to do. The tediousness of their so-called logic is exasperating! They're blind, but not too many are "innocently ignorant" any more. When they have access to a catechism and refuse to accept it, they better hope they're right! Bending broken commandments is not a good thing. Willful ignorance is very dangerous, as one day, many will soon see. When we stand alone,forced to gaze into God's Golden Eyes, burning with pure and righteous fire, I wonder how those relativistic lines will hold up? I don't say that with any flippant sarcasm. I fear for them. I fear for the Church and priests who've led so many souls astray by being PC and pridefully holding onto political ideology more than the teachings of the Church and their vows of obedience. God help us! Our Lady of Fatima showed the children hell. The walls of hell, as the vision revealed, are lined with priests! Lord have mercy!

October 30, 2008 7:01 AM  

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis