Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Sunday, October 26, 2008

50 Million Abortions Since 1973


As part of the 40 Days For Life Campaign, our parish pro-life group placed 100 white crosses on the grounds of the school. Each cross represents 1/2 a million for a total of 50 million souls.
Today after Mass, about 50 people gathered from our parish, as well as others, to pray for an end to abortion.

The crosses were displayed in a way so that any one that had to get into the developments near the parish would see the sign. They would also see the numerous "Vote Pro-Life" signs all over the Church property.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So many I talk with, who claim they would never have an abortion but are still "pro-choice" they say that, what about if the mother's health was in question, rape, incest, and they cannot impose their morals on others--to them I say: women today are using abortion for BIRTH CONTROL, 50 million humans are dead, because they don't want want to impose their morals on others!?

October 26, 2008 10:58 PM  
Blogger Joyful Catholic said...

Tara...that's the dictatorship of relativism rearing it's ugly head if I ever heard it! The "I'm personally against it, but I'd never tell anyone else what to do..." RUBBISH! Evil continues because good men/women remain silent. Well, we're obviously SILENT NO MORE! Great post TJ. Come Nov. 4 we'll either get more mercy, or we'll get what we deserve.

October 27, 2008 8:22 AM  

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis