Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Freedom of Choice Act and Obama

If Obama becomes president, the first item on his agenda is to promote the passage of the FOCA.

"On April 18, 2007, in Gonzales v. Carhart, The Supreme Court upheldthe Partial-Birth Abortion Ban. The very next day prominent Democratic members of Congress reintroduced the Freedom of Choice Act (FOCA). The bill is misleadingly packaged as a freedom bill. It is not! It is a clear act of unreasoned bias to end abruptly and brutally the debate on the pressing and fundamental moral issue of the right to life."

A bishop of the Paterson diocese in NJ ( my old diocese when I was a little Catholic kid)makes an interesting point comparing Obama to King Herod. Check it out here.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jeffrey Pinyan said...

I'm loving this Bishop Serratelli. I hadn't heard of him until several months ago, I think in conjunction with his being named as the chairman of the Bishops' Committee on Divine Worship.

Everything I've heard from him since is top-notch. Makes living in NJ that much more bearable. ;)

October 22, 2008 9:01 AM  
Blogger Russ Rentler, M.D. said...

I heard that the bishop in charge when I was a young rebellious teen (70's)wasn't that great, but still doesnt justify me leaving the Church


Yeah Jersey aint so bad, but I m not moving back any time soon

October 22, 2008 8:40 PM  
Blogger AceOS said...

My Name is Daniel LaHood
1505 Cody Dr. Silver Spring MD 20902
301-691-5784

I wrote this after attending Pope Benedicts Mass at Nats Stadium in Washington. My wife and I are Lay Missionaries of Charity in Forest Glen Maryland. I am sending this as a letter to the Editor.


Before Pope Benedict came to America to celebrate Mass in New York and Washington, it was revealed that as a young boy in Germany he had had a cousin with Down Syndrome. One day a Nazi doctor came and claimed his cousin for the Third Reich. Taken to be “cared for” at the “hospital” young Joseph Ratzinger never saw his cousin again: one of the host of “useless eaters” marked for extermination by that brutal regime.

My wife and I operate St. Joseph’s House, a daycare and respite care home for handicapped children. As it happened one of the children we care for, a wheelchair bound young lady, was chosen along with three other handicapped folks to carry the gifts up to the altar before the consecration at the Mass at Nationals Stadium in Washington D.C. on April 17, 2008. One of these was James, a 30ish man who works in the Officer’s Club at Andrews AFB. James has Down Syndrome. He was chosen to carry the large host which would become the Body of Christ lifted up before the assembled. As James with great ceremony advanced toward the Pope, his native enthusi­asm overcame his reserve and he started to run. Simultaneously the Holy Father leapt from his chair and walked towards James with his arms out­stretched. We have a picture of this moment which I cannot look at without tearing up. What did he see as he gazed so lovingly at James? I believe he saw his cousin. I believe he saw the face of Jesus. And I believe that his great prayer as he elevated that host on that impossibly beautiful day was “As long as you did to these the least of my brethren, you did it to Me.”

The next day April 18th, a boy was born to of all people, the Gover­nor of Alaska. They named him Trig.

October 25, 2008 12:35 PM  
Blogger Russ Rentler, M.D. said...

Daniel:
Thanks so much for posting that. Could you send that pic? That would be awesome. God bless you

October 25, 2008 3:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis