Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Wednesday, February 03, 2010

A Positive Article About Catholicism in Our Local Paper


Check out this interview I did for an article in the Morning Call, the Lehigh Valley's newspaper.
The author, Daniel Sheehan did an excellent job in presenting the concept of the theology of suffering. Thankfully, Catholicism was presented in a positive light and Lord willing, a lot of folks will give some new thought to Catholicism.

5 Comments:

Blogger George Weis said...

Kudos to both you and the columnist!

That was a great to the point article that didn't give any falsehoods. It is your story and your take. I appreciated that!

Love to you and Deborah Russ!

-g-

February 04, 2010 7:37 PM  
Blogger Russ Rentler, M.D. said...

Thanks so much George! I was really apprehensive when the journalist contacted me, given the anti-Catholic bias the paper has had in the past, but he did a very fair and balanced interview. I am so thankful to God for the opportunity to tell such a large audience what He has done for us through the Catholic faith.
thanks again, God bless you guys and congrats to the Missus on her book writing success!

February 04, 2010 8:02 PM  
Blogger George Weis said...

Thank you Russ! I appreciate the blessings.

Ash is getting close to being under the umbrella of a publishing house... but not yet. We are praying for the right pub-house to take her in. Her agents are feeling pretty confident that she will find a home. They are pushing a three book deal with one Novel and two non-fiction works.

Blessings in Our Lord,
-g-

February 04, 2010 10:43 PM  
Blogger Joyful Catholic said...

I tried to post it on my FB wall, but the message I've gotten twice from FB is "Something went wrong..." So when they fix what went wrong I'll post it there. Thank you Russ for all that you do for and give to the Haitians in need of physical/spiritual help and the bright light of Love you are in your local community. God bless you and Deborah abundantly. Oh, and thank you for your helping me out with your wise comments to Garret. I do pray for him. I just find it so hard to have an honest debate when scriptures are cast to "prove me wrong." I don't so much care about me, but it's the same old tedious misrepresentations of the Catholic Church. I know I need patience, but I also needed a "breather" so thanks much for helping out. I pray he'll really consider what you've said. I hope he's going to at least "respect" the Church, even if he never 'comes all the way Home.' Peace and Joy of Christ fill your heart today -

February 05, 2010 8:35 AM  
Anonymous Potamiaena said...

You and your wife are such a blessing to the Church. Great article and ministry.

February 05, 2010 11:30 AM  

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis