Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Feast of the Presentation; Candlemas Day


Happy Feast of the Presentation! Today the Church celebrates the presentation of the infant Jesus to Simeon in the temple. It is also the official end of the Christmas season, and this feast day is also called Candlemas. Jesus is the Light of the World and the Catholic Church celebrates this by bringing candles into the Church and blessing them, lighting them. Once again, the Church makes a feast day of an event in the life of Jesus that reinforces the gospel. Jesus is the light of the world, illuminating the darkness of sin and giving us the opportunity to live with Him if we choose to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis