Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Top Prospect for the Oakland A's Enters Seminary


Walk away from a possible million dollar sports career? Turn your back on your lifelong dream? Check this out.
Yep, Grant Desme has chosen a higher calling. Outfielder to Catholic priest. I suspect that he will be responsible for influencing a number of vocations in the years to come. God bless him. St. John Vianney, pray for him.

1 Comments:

Blogger Magister Christianus said...

God be praised! This kind of story inspires me more than any other. I immediately think of St. Augustine walking away from a promising and already well respected life as a teacher of rhetoric once he received the call to follow Christ. Father, we ask Your blessing upon Grant. Guide him through difficult road that lies ahead as he makes a stand for You.

January 24, 2010 9:27 AM  

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis