Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Radical for Jesus- Dominican Sisters of Mary, Mother of The Eucharist


I posted about these Sisters before but just wanted to post an update. That's their Mother Superior at the National Catholic Prayer Breakfast with the President. These Sisters really get around!

I first literally ran into these sisters at the March for Life in Washington DC this January. I was immediately impressed by their love for Jesus and defense of the unborn and have since found out that their order is growing in leaps and bounds. At a time when many orders are dying off due to lack of new vocations (new members), it is refreshing to see that this one can't adequately house the number of young women who desire to live a radical life for Christ! The average age of those entering is 24 and the average age among the professed is 28 years old.

Check out their new website and in particular the link to the CBS news report on their work.
Their new website has received over 1.4 million hits since December and Sister Joseph Andrew, the director of vocations, carries a Blackberry with her to respond to greater than 70 e-mails she receives daily with questions regarding a possible vocation.

What motivates these nuns?
"Our daily prayer life is absolutely essential to our missions, as it is to our whole lives as consecrated Sisters. Religious Sisters are "formed in the sanctuary"-it's only by knowing Our Lord in the Eucharist that we can bring Him to our students, to the families in the parish, and to the strangers we meet."

And if the Lord leads you, pray for them and send a couple quid. If you have time give a listen to their singing. It gives me
chills.

3 Comments:

Blogger Cathy said...

I love this order.
I'm begging for my Mary to get a vocation to this order.
(Or the Missionaries of Charity.)
;)

June 21, 2007 1:09 PM  
Blogger MMajor Fan said...

They are great! Thank you for posting their website link.

June 21, 2007 3:07 PM  
Blogger Russ Rentler, M.D. said...

When I see the joy on their faces, I just want to pull out my credit card and ante up!

June 24, 2007 10:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis