Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Friday, August 01, 2008

More Photos from the Carmelite Monastery



4 Comments:

Blogger ~Joseph the Worker said...

Very Beautiful, thanks for sharing!

August 01, 2008 1:50 PM  
Blogger Joyful Catholic said...

Those are just wonderful, TJ! There's a Carmelite group that's started at our parish that meets every last Monday. Rich and I are planning on going this month. In fact, I got out my brown scapular and have worn it for this past week. I figure this election year has had something to do with my new found appreciation and devotion for Our Lady's scapular. I bought it shortly after we came back into the Church but only wore it a few months. Then it itched like crazy and I took it off. Now it's back on, and not quite as itchy, but I guess when I itch, it's what should now remind me to pray for our country's collective lost and "jaded soul"

August 03, 2008 9:57 PM  
Blogger Russ Rentler, M.D. said...

I wear scapulars in spurts and wish I could be more devoted to the Carmelite spirituality behind the brown scapular. When I was in Haiti last year, the only other Catholic on the mission trip gave me a scapular and I wore it for several months. The folks we were with asked about it on the trip and it was an opportunity to share about the Catholic view of prayer and Mary's intercession for us. Very cool.

August 03, 2008 10:23 PM  
Blogger Little Flower's Crown of Roses said...

I love these pictures! I am very devoted to The Little Flower! I enjoy reading your blog...keep up the good work!
Lindy

August 12, 2008 9:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis