Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Friday, January 02, 2009

Raving Atheist Now Raving Theist

One of the blogosphere's most outspoken and popular atheist bloggers surprised the atheist and theist on-line community with a simple posting of the apostles creed and his announcement that he has converted to Christianity. I don't know which side of the Tiber he ended up on but the posting of the creedal statement makes me think he has probably become Catholic. The details hopefully will be forthcoming but from what I can gather his association with the Christians in the pro-life movement was an important part of the process.

There have been several well-known conversions to Catholicism as a result of pro-life involvement. Norma McCorvey( AKA Roe of Roe V Wade) , Dave Armstrong and Randall Terry all converted as a result of pro-life involvement. If this Catholic Church is so spot-on regarding the ethics of life, how can it be so dead wrong about its theology? I suspect that had to be banging around in their head for a bit.
I love reading and hearing about conversions. Everyone has a unique story and the reality is sometimes there is no rhyme or reason, because it always goes back to the fact that we are truly saved by grace alone. Conversion is a gift.

1 Comments:

Blogger ~Joseph the Worker said...

Sounds like good news. I hope he is sincere.

January 02, 2009 2:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis