Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Thursday, December 24, 2009

A Letter From Haiti

Today I received this e mail from Father Andrew, pastor of St. Simon Jude parish in Port-Au-Prince from where we just returned in November.


Dear Friends,

I was trying to put few words this Christmas when my phone rung. It was Nadine (some of you know her), she told me that Jean (an 19 year old guy who was innocently put in prison for 3 years, severely beaten while in prison) passed away last night. Through your generosity, we had tried our best to give him a medical attention so he may live. My heart goes to his family, especially to his older brother Junior, who throughout this ordeal showed me faith and hope that his beloved brother will survive. His father, who is a Baptist pastor, swallowed his pride yesterday, asking for some money so he could visit his son and be with him during the Christmas Eve. He is on his way to the hospital without knowing his son had already died. I couldn’t imagine what Christmas could be to this family. They are just one of the many poor families here who will celebrate Christmas in silence, some maybe in tears. But Christmas is a time to renew hope in our hearts. I hold on to the unbroken belief that amidst misery, Christ was born and will be born again in the hearts of those who care. It is time to rejoice for the gift of friends like you who join me in work of mercy to the least. As I join the poor people of the parish tonight to celebrate Christ birth, we will bring your needs and petitions to the altar of the Lord. May it warms your hearts and fill you with peace and joy He can only give. Thank you for being like bread, broken and shared so that others may live. But thank you more because you have shown me your love… because of that love, life as God wants it to be, is becoming a reality to so many. WISHING YOU ALL A BLESSED AND A MERRY CHRISTMAS… AND YEAR FULL OF HOPES AND PROSPERITIES…
Father Andrew
Haiti

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis