Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Thursday, March 04, 2010

Going Down To Haiti

(A tent city that Fr. Andrew is providing the food and water for near the grounds of St. Simon Jude Parish)

Early Saturday morning, my wife and I leave from JFK to fly to Port-Au-Prince. We will be working with a team from our old church to provide medical care to Shiloh Baptist Church, where I have gone many times in the past 14 years. The pastor was killed in the earthquake and they are having a very tough time as their building was destroyed, possibly beyond repair in the quake.
We are also hoping to connect with Fr. Andrew of St. Simon Jude parish for Mass and some housecalls to the sickest members of his flock. St. Simon Jude is fairly close to Shiloh Baptist.
As always, I ask you my blogger friends to please keep us in prayer on perhaps the most difficult trip yet.

3 Comments:

Blogger Shirley said...

God be with you, and your guardian Angels protect you.

March 04, 2010 9:07 PM  
Blogger Jeffrey Pinyan said...

God bless you both. You are such champions of God's love.

March 04, 2010 9:18 PM  
Blogger George Weis said...

I'm praying for you both!


God Bless you and keep you.

March 09, 2010 10:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis