Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Monday, May 28, 2012

Memorial Day 2012

Here's a link to a song I wrote about growing up during Vietnam, being too young to be drafted and being too old later on for the next wars. I was lucky to be able to go to college and obtain the American dream that so many died for our freedom to pursue. The Vietnam conflict officially ended in 1975 and I started college in 1976. My children, 25 and 22, also did not enter military service and spared us the fear of losing a child in the Afghanistan and Iraq conflicts as many American families have experienced.
  Today we offered our prayers in  morning Mass for the souls of all those lost in our armed conflicts and their families.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis