Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Pope Doesn't Bring Silver or Gold to Rio.



Well, despite that, it seems like he is making a big impression on the people of Brazil. Let us keep him in our prayers and pray that this visit from Peter's successor will bring the grace of conversion to Latin America, again.  Pope Francis first words in Rio: "I have neither silver nor gold, but I bring with me the most precious thing given to me: Jesus Christ."

When I look at the pope, I look back almost 2000 years into the eyes of the man who had Jesus tell him: "You are Peter, and on this Rock I will build my Church." It is through this man who holds the office, that the Church is kept in unity. The catechism states:  "The Pope, Bishop of Rome and Peter's successor, is the perpetual and visible source and foundation of the unity both of the bishops and of the whole company of the faithful."



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis