Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Sunday, May 25, 2008

The Solemnity of the Body and Blood of Christ


Today the Church celebrates the feast of Corpus Christi, the Body and Blood of Christ. As the source and summit of our faith, we thank God today and hope to never take for granted this most precious gift to us. My wife (Prodigal Daughter) and I often ask ourselves how we could have lived so long without the Eucharist once we realized what (Who) we had been missing.
She actually realized it 5 years before she was able to return to the Church but I was having none of it. She secretly went to a Mass and as the priest held up the consecrated host and said "This is the Body of Christ", Prodigal Daughter said "could it be true?" That question opened the door which lead her to a Jeff Cavin's tape (I'm Not Being Fed) which lead to her conclusion that she needed to return to the Church she left at 8 years old. As we sat quietly after Mass we reflected on the gift God gave us in the Eucharist, Christ Himself still abiding with us.

2 Comments:

Blogger Joyful Catholic said...

That is a very tender and touching witness, TJ, to the Love of God shed abroad in our hearts...that will always lead us Home to Rome when we're honestly seeking and hungry for....True Food and True Drink. Bless you both. JMJ

May 25, 2008 9:41 AM  
Blogger Russ Rentler, M.D. said...

Thanks Susie. We are so grateful to be able to come to this recognition so late in our Christian lives.

May 25, 2008 9:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis