Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Saturday, January 03, 2009

Feast of The Holy Name of Jesus

Today, the Church gives us the feast of The Holy Name of Jesus to help us reflect on the name upon which we call to be saved.


Glorious name, gracious name, name of love and of power! Through you sins are forgiven, through you enemies are vanquished, through you the sick are freed from their illness, through you those suffering in trials are made strong and cheerful. You bring honor to those who believe, you teach those who preach, you give strength to the toiler, you sustain the weary (St. Bernardine of Siena).

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Russ...

Thanks for the comment on my post. I understand and appreciate your inability to watch the entire video. I hope other people felt the same and requestioned their entertainment choices. It's sad that so many "good/redemptive movies" blatantly blaspheme. I have another interesting video (you will be able to watch straight through) that I'm going to post when I get a chance.

Anyway, what a day this is! I think I'm going to mention this "Feast of the Holy Name of Jesus" on my post today. Thanks for letting me know that.

January 03, 2009 10:16 AM  

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis