Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Monday, January 05, 2009

Gifts From Friends


Check out the wonderful art from two of our friends in the blogosphere, (and real world too)

The first is from Owen Swain and is a piece I commissioned him to draw. I just received it in the mail this Saturday. It is beautiful, and it represents the Trinity. Owen was a Protestant pastor for over 20 years who has always been an artist. Since his conversion to Catholicism he is hoping to pay the bills through his art. He does work by request and his prices are extremely reasonable!

The second piece I received unexpectedly from George over at the Path of Weis. A custom Gibson guitar. Check out the inlay crosses on the neck and Mary's image on the pic guard.
You can see it better by clicking on the pic below to enlarge.
Thanks guys!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Russ,

Answer a little riddle, play a little fiddle, dance around the middle, okay, you get the point:

htey disa, "uhh?" nda ew isda, "hya!"

Figure it out and enter to win a free blog design at our blog: http://tekemestudios.blogspot.com!

Blessings,
Ashley

January 05, 2009 3:50 PM  
Blogger George Weis said...

So glad you enjoyed it my friend :)

-g-

January 05, 2009 11:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Russ, Those are awesome. I really like that guitar. Julie

January 06, 2009 8:21 AM  

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis