Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Saturday, August 03, 2013

Big Families: A Sign of Contradiction to the Culture.

I was at a dulcimer festival last weekend in upstate NY. It was an annual gathering of hammer dulcimer, mountain dulcimer and autoharp players. It was a series of workshops preceding a concert headlined by the 2010 National Hammer Dulcimer Champion, Ted Yoder.  He was talking to someone before the show and mentioned that he had seven children. The person was aghast, but Ted said "when I see a little baby, I want to have another!"  My wife added: "Mother Theresa said children are like flowers, you can never have too many of them."
   I was so thankful that this young man was open to life and was a sign to his generation. During his concert he joked and said people ask him if he is a Mormon or a Catholic when they find he has so many children. He tells them: "I'm a Mormon Catholic."
    After the show, I told Ted that he is more Catholic than many Catholics! He is a sign of contradiction to a generation that believes children are a burden and is showing us all that life can be full of joy because of being open to life.  By the way, you can support Ted by going to his web site and purchasing his amazing CD's and dulcimer stuff.  God bless Ted Yoder and his family.

1 Comments:

Blogger kkollwitz said...

Babies are addictive.

August 03, 2013 8:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis