Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

The Faithful Traveler


One of the most fun things about being a new Catholic is discovering all the treasures the Church has for us. Visiting shrines and Churches has been a great source of joy for Prodigal Daughter and I. Here's a site where you can learn the how to's and where to's of "shrine hopping." We live in eastern PA and there is an abundance of these sites that are fairly close. You could spend an entire day in Philadelphia and not even get to half of them! I was in Philadelphia for 4 years during my internal medicine residency in the late 80's and I had no idea. I honestly can't even remember seeing a Catholic Church in Philly during those years!?

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Pilgrimsarbour said...

Believe it or not, I actually tuned for the Manhattan Transfer when they performed at the Shrine of Czestochowa not far from my home a few years ago!

June 24, 2008 12:27 PM  
Blogger Russ Rentler, M.D. said...

They were at the Shrine?
I heard Father Corapi preach there when I first came back to the Church.
Wish I was that close, it's a beautiful place and they have priests there who hear confessions daily.

June 24, 2008 5:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for posting about us on your beautiful blog. Please have a look at our Locations page and let me know if I've left anything out in Allentown!

July 13, 2008 9:04 PM  
Blogger Russ Rentler, M.D. said...

Diana, i will keep you posted. God bless

July 14, 2008 10:28 AM  

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis