Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Sunday, June 29, 2008

The Year of St. Paul


Today on the feast of St. Peter and Paul, Pope Benedict has announced this to be the Year of St. Paul. This is the 2000th anniversary of St. Paul's estimated birth around 8 AD. The faithful are encouraged to read, study and pray about the life of St. Paul.
In Mass today, the priest encouraged us all to be "apostolic" in preaching the gospel. He made the point that our life needed to reflect the gospel even more than our words, if we are to be effective in the evangelization of those around us.
Saint Paul did both. He preached Christ crucified, and lived a life completely poured-out(as a libation) for the gospel and eventually was beheaded for his faith. His sarcophagus remains in Rome and can be seen by pilgrims.

Yet despite Saint Paul's tremendous conversion, spirit-filled anointing and ministry, he still knew he had to remain steadfast if he was to receive his prize of salvation at the end of his journey.
I want Paul’s prayer to be mine: “That I may know Him and the power of His resurrection and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, THAT IF POSSIBLE I MAY ATTAIN THE RESURRECTION OF THE DEAD. NOT THAT I HAVE ALREADY OBTAINED THIS OR AM PERFECT; but I press on to make it my own….” Phil 3:8-14.
Wow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis