Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Thursday, July 03, 2008

Why I Blog

I am so thankful that God uses our conversion/reversion stories to help others see the Church in a new light and sometimes even help them Cross the Tiber! A recent commenter on my personal conversion story helped me to once again see why Catholics need to tell the Good News of Jesus and His Church on the internet and beyond. In this year of St. Paul, we are all challenged to look at St Paul's life and learn from his boldness in proclaiming the fullness of the gospel. Please pray for this seeker when you read this below.

Laura writes:

I am a Protestant but am feeling increasingly drawn to the Catholic Church. The thought has crossed my mind more than a few times about becoming Catholic. Can you recommend a good starting place for exploring the Catholic faith more, resources, etc.?

Thank you and God bless you!

Laura

June 28, 2008 8:47 PM



Blogger Tiber Jumper said...

Dear Laura:
I would be happy to point you in the direction of the Church! The web has some good stuff and not so good stuff.
First, I recommend getting a Catechism of the Catholic Church and perusing it. It's a lot of material but you can look up in the index on topics you are interested in. There are several online versions. Just google "Catechism of the Catholic Church"
Regarding web based sites, I have several on "my links" and I suggest checking them out. Particularly Catholic Answers site.
Below are some of the links I suggest you go to on the left side of of the home page of my blog. They can be accessed there at my blog
*Reasons to Be Catholic
* Catholic Information Network
* Beginning Catholic
*Catholic Bridge (This is excellent site)
* Catholic Catechism
* Thinking About Converting?
* Catholic Answers(Another great site for questions and answers)
* Catholic Apologetics
* BeginningCatholic.com
* Info About Catholicism
* Scripture Catholic(If you ever need scripture to support Catholic belief, here it is)
* Early Church Fathers
* Catholic Converts

If you have trouble finding any of these, let me know, you can e mail me any questions
at: dobrodoc1@gmail.com
God bless you I will pray for you today.

June 29, 2008 9:56 AM


Anonymous Laura said...

Thank you so much for your prayers and the resource recommendations. I have been immersing myself in the study of Catholic doctrine the last several days and, although I still have many questions and uncertainties, many of my questions have already been answered through the web sites you provided, in particular the Coming Home Network.

Thank you again.

Laura

July 03, 2008 5:57 PM



Blogger Tiber Jumper said...

It is my pleasure to help other believers see the beauty of the Catholic Church. I hope to spend the rest of my life doing just that. I will continue to pray for you.
In Christ
TJ

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger JP said...

That is wonderful and I am glad that your blog has been an avenue for many to look into our Catholic Faith. Laura will be in my prayers during this journey.

July 03, 2008 11:48 PM  
Blogger Russ Rentler, M.D. said...

Thanks JP, she will surely appreciate them, and Lord willing we will be reading her story of conversion one day.

July 04, 2008 8:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lord Jesus grant, through the intercession of our holy Mother Mary, the spirit of wisdom and truth for Laura. May her journey be full and deep and joyful. Lead by the sound of your own voice this sheep whom you know and call by name.

July 07, 2008 4:47 PM  
Blogger Russ Rentler, M.D. said...

thanks Owen for the prayer. It seems like people are really being drawn to the Church. Very cool.
Speaking of conversion, have you contacted Marcus Grody about doing your story on the Journey Home Canada?
God's blessings to you and yours

July 07, 2008 7:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis