Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

From Maine to Haiti



PD and I are heading out for a short vacation to Maine. It's a bit of a "working vacation" because I'll be playing music each night for the guests at the bed and breakfast we stay at. In return, we get a great reduction in room rate for providing entertainment. (If the truth be told, playing music is never work for me thankfully)
On the way up we are planning on visiting the National Shrine of Divine Mercy in Stockbridge, Massachusetts. We will get there in time for the 2 PM Mass, Lord willing! Thanks to Mass times.org we know where to find a Mass everyday on our itinerary. Just one of the many advantages to being Catholic!

When we return, I leave the next day for Port-Au-Prince, Haiti. The purpose will be to "scout out" a new area for a medical mission. We will be staying with a priest we met through the Twinning Program of the Americas. It is a Catholic organization that seeks to "twin" parishes in the US with impoverished parishes in the third world. St. Simon and Jude is the name of this new parish and Father Andrew Labatorio is the pastor. We hope to find out what the most pressing needs are and what we can do to meet them. I know one of the needs is money for a for a new church building as well as health care for his parishioners . I would covet your prayers over the next 10 days particularly from 8/19-8/21 while we are in Haiti. God bless.

PS. Song for our brothers and sisters in Haiti here.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are doing such wonderful work. God bless you in your efforts. Julie

August 13, 2008 8:12 AM  
Blogger truthfinder said...

Marked your Haiti trip on my calendar; will keep you in prayer.

August 14, 2008 11:56 AM  
Blogger Joyful Catholics said...

Oh my, TJ!! The National Shrine of Divine Mercy!! I so want to go there! Please, say a prayer for us while there, ok? For my sons especially. God bless and have a wonderful time, and if you see Fr. Roesch, tell him I LOVE the Cenacle of Divine Mercy program! It is such a blessing.

PEACE bro!YSIC,
susie

August 14, 2008 6:05 PM  
Blogger Joyful Catholics said...

I forgot to add, you will be in our prayers as well. I will light a candle for you/your journey mission at OLPH icon we have in our Church and I our Mama will be holding you near her heart and helping you in all ways.

August 14, 2008 6:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis