Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Friday, August 01, 2008

A Pope's Vacation


What does the vicar of Christ do when on holiday? Pray, read and play piano. Wow, that's like what I do, though it's usually guitar or some other stringed instrument.
Pray for our holy father that he can recharge his batteries and finish the new encyclical he is working on. At his age, the odds are that he can enter eternity at any time so it's such a bonus for the Church to have a pope who is so productive despite his advanced age.

Thank you Lord for Pope Benedict. Bless him we pray in Jesus name.

3 Comments:

Blogger Joyful Catholic said...

Even in his advanced years, he has the smile, and twinkle in his eye of a pure and good youth! Like JPII...even when Parkinsons decimated his physique, there was still a tiny twinkle in those baby blues...though very dim, the light of Christ shone out to his flock. Amen, TJ. We are indeed blessed to have such a loving and wise Papa. I pray we have him for many more years. He is The REAL One to bring us hope by calling us to change, to conversion, as Jesus designed. It's just overwhelming for me to think about! What a loving God we have to have left this flock such a compassionate Shepherd, who's liberal in Love and iron-clad in Truth!

August 02, 2008 2:34 PM  
Blogger Jackie Parkes MJ said...

Any chance you would add my blog to your links? i will add yours..

August 04, 2008 4:26 PM  
Blogger Russ Rentler, M.D. said...

Sure Thing Jackie God bless you!

August 04, 2008 4:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis