Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

What is an Evangelical Catholic?

"I am an Evangelical Catholic....I evangelize Catholics and catholicize Evangelicals"
(Peter Kreeft, Professor at Boston University and convert from Evangelicalism)

3 Comments:

Blogger kkollwitz said...

An E.C. is one who follows Peter's "Always be ready to give an explanation to anyone who asks you for a reason for your hope,but do it with gentleness and reverence..."

I emphasize to my 6th graders that I expect them to evangelize per the above instruction.

October 13, 2010 2:57 PM  
Anonymous David Parkhurst said...

I thought Dr. Kreeft taught at Boston College?

October 15, 2010 8:35 PM  
Blogger Russ Rentler, M.D. said...

david, you are right, thanks for the correction

October 15, 2010 8:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis